When you’re not looking for a job, it can be easy to ignore your LinkedIn profile. While we definitely don’t recommend this approach, we get that there are times when you need a total LinkedIn overhaul.
We have compiled everything you need to know – crafting a stunning summary, to selling your achievements and highlighting your skills. Read on for expert-backed tips on making your LinkedIn profile seriously shine – and start getting noticed by the recruiters of your dream job!
- First and foremost, get a custom URL. It is much easier to publicise your profile. Usually linkedin.com/yourname works best.
- Utilise LinkedIn’s privacy settings to be discreet. Before you overhaul your profile, ensure your notifications are turned off for your existing connections.
- Choose a great photo of yourself. Use a clear, friendly and industry appropriate image. Match what people in your target industry sector or business level are wearing.
- Headlines matter, it doesn’t have to be your job title and company. Use the space to showcase yourself and your value proposition.
- Use the summary space and write about 2 to 4 paragraphs. It should walk the reader through your passions, key skills, unique qualifications and industries you’ve had exposure to.
- Everyone wants an achiever. Remember to show your achievements in your summary and experience section. Use action words, accomplishments and numbers to prove that you are one.
- If you can, use multimedia to showcase your work, projects and articles that you’ve written.
- Having fewer than 50 connections makes you seem like a recluse or non-tech person. Build on genuine connections to enhance your knowledge about your industry as well.
- Lastly, remember to view how your LinkedIn profile looks on both mobile and computer as your future employer might use any.
At the end of the day, ensure your profile shows your enthusiasm. Let your cheerleader flag fly!
Readers also enjoyed How To Be A Successful TempTags: linkedin profile recruitment resume