With Australia easing restrictions and businesses’ bouncing back, there are slight increases in certain job roles. We have seen communications, public relations, and financial roles hiring recently increase across Australia.
If you are looking to hire your newest team member, there are still social distancing, remote working and onboarding challenges that will occur while we are still working remotely.
Our Five P’s for navigating virtual hiring effectively:
- Plan – When it comes to people, having a business continuity plan is imperative. Include the framework for infrastructure, team structures and essential support services. Think whether the team will work remotely completely, or come into the office on a rotational basis.
- Process – While we have always conducted the first round via our video interviewing software , it’s important to carry on virtual recruitment practices as much as possible. Not only will this save you time but it is the best way to ensure a uniform process.
- Prepare – Ensure you share all essential details and any relevant readings with the candidate well before the interview. Include technical tips, log on details and passwords. Ask for a reply to confirm their attendance. Let them know what to expect, duration of the interview and who they will be meeting with. Not only will this allow the candidate to best prepare themselves, but also ensure a free-flowing conversation.
- Precision – The downside of virtual interviews is the lack of non-verbal and emotional cues to evaluate a candidate. Being precise with your interview questions, having a focus on behavioural based and emotional intelligence questions will ensure you gain a well rounded picture of the candidate. Focus on the candidates’ responses to your interview questions ensuring they provide examples of their experiences.
- Post interview – Send an email with includes the next steps for the interview process and associated timelines. You can also use this opportunity to seek feedback from them, we recommend sending a short questionnaire.
Remember to find the humanity in your hiring process and seek out the best fit for you and your team. At the end of the day, technology enables us to continue effective hiring, even in current times.
If you are wondering how to use video interview programs, conduct online assessments or develop interview processes – connect with us now!
Readers also enjoyed our 5 Reasons Why Temp Staff Are The Best InvestmentTags: hiring virtual